Preparing for Your Upcoming Home Inspection
Are you planning a home inspection? If so, it’s important to know what to expect and how you can prepare ahead of time. MDHI is a 5-star rated, fully insured home inspection company serving Maryland that provides comprehensive services. We make sure to give you the best home inspection possible, so you can feel confident in the purchase of your new home or property. Here are some tips on how to prepare for your upcoming home inspection with MDHI.
Gather Necessary Information
Before your home inspection begins, make sure that you have all the necessary information ready for the inspector. This includes any warranties or documents related to appliances, HVAC systems, roofing, and other components of the property. It is also helpful to have records of recent repairs or other updates that were done on the property before the inspection.
Inspect What You Can
It is also important to do your own inspections on certain areas of the house before the home inspector arrives. Thoroughly inspect windows and doors for any signs of damage or wear and tear. Make sure that all exterior features are properly functioning such as gutters, downspouts, walkways, decks, and patios. Additionally, check all interior rooms for any signs of damage like water leaks or mold growth.
Check Notable Areas
Aside from general inspections, there are some other areas around your property that should be checked prior to an MDHI inspection:
- Sewer Camera: Before beginning a full home inspection with MDHI, it’s important to check your sewer lines with a sewer camera first.
- Pre-Listing Inspections: If you are selling a property, it is beneficial to get a pre-listing inspection done by MDHI.
- Radon Testing: Radon testing is an important part of any home inspection and should be done prior to purchasing a new home.
- New Construction Inspections: For those building a new construction property, MDHI offers detailed new construction inspections.
- Move In Ready Inspections: If you’re moving into an existing home or building, MDHI offers move in ready inspections.
At MDHI we take pride in providing top-notch service every time so that our clients can rest assured knowing their homes are in good condition and safe for them and their family members to live in comfort without worry about potential hazards or damages that could occur over time if not caught during the initial inspection process. For more information about our services please feel free to call us at 410-925-2088 or visit our website at www.MDHI.com!